Wood Lithography Part two

Sorry for the long delay without a post but I have been super busy with work and other things.  So I finally got around to finishing the rest of the wood lithography process.  So to be more effecient, soak your paper so while you are working on rolling out your ink and the other parts of the process your paper will be ready to go.


Then I roll out my ink.  I used gamblin drive by black.  I probably should have used litho ink, but I went with the drive by black instead.




So the first step after you roll out your ink is to wash off the gum arabic.  You don't want to have any gum arabic on your block.
 You can wash it out under the sink or your a sponge to wash it off the block.

Don't roll ink on the wood block unless you have dampened the sponge and lightly cover it with water in a circular motion.  


This is what the print comes out like.  I was pretty well pleased.  Everyone turned out well for one print. Might not be able to do an edition.  But it was fun none the less.
 A greater detail of the print.
So there you go! Wood lithography!  Its pretty awesome and I do enjoy it quite a bit!  Worth giving it a shot and trying it out!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts