Showing my wood litho process. I went to sgci a conference in Knoxville.  I saw a demo on wood litho so I bought all the supplies from takach press and the wood from home depot.  Follow @adrienneleighlich for more info on instagram.
So i start with a blank piece of birch plywood.

Then I apply tousche and my litho crayon marks. I kind of went a bit overboard. :-) I used a #5 litho crayon.
Still drawing I think I will stop here
Now i talc the board with baby powder using a soft clean towel

This is after i applied my 1/3 2/3 mix of tapem gum arabic mix as well 50/50 mix. Going to let this sit for overnight and work on some lino.



Comments

  1. what is 1/3 2/3 mix and 50/50 mix? Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1/3 2/3 mix is the mixture of gum arabic and tapem etch respectively. That is what I did with this one. I am actually trying to do 1/3 gum arabic and lemon juice mixture now. And 50/50 is gum arabic to tapem etch. You just have to experiment. Email me steve.wiggins@gmail.com and I can send you the instructions I am using.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts