So this past Friday was the Gallery Hop/Art Walk here in Lexington Kentucky.  It is run by LexArts which resides in the Artsplace.  People walk around and go to different galleries and look at artwork, listen to music, eat food and mingle and stuff like that.  My print cooperative always gets a lot of people down to our studio, 161 N. Mill Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40508 in the lower level.  So near the end I had a some folks come by and one guy wanted to get some t-shirts made from my linoleum cut blocks.  He wanted the word invictus and the fist to be printed in red and black so I carved it up and printed it right there.  Took about an hour to carve and to print it took about 20 mins.  Here is one shot.
 Here is another shot.  When I print my shirts I spray them with water first.  http://www.drivebypress.com says you should do that.  I also use their ink to print shirts because it dries quicker.
 This is a print I made on a card.  Its for valentine's day.  It is a linoleum cut print and I carved it by hand and printed it onto paper.  Thick card stock white.  Came out pretty cool.
 This is what the setup looked like.  There were three members total that printed throughout the night.  Had a good turn out and had some sign ups for classes and other things.
This is a shot of the outside of the studio.  It is right in the heart of downtown in Lexington Kentucky on Mill street.  If you go up the street from the big blue bank you can find us.

Comments

Popular Posts